She's Pregnant...Now What?
If your girlfriend is pregnant, you probably have many questions and concerns. We can help you navigate the issues and understand your rights and needs as a man and as a prospective father. We can also give you tips for supporting her emotionally and physically.
At our centers, we have men for you to talk to who understand how challenging this time is for you. They won’t judge you, preach to you or make you feel guilty. They want to help you work through the questions, concerns, and maybe even fears that you might have about being a father.
Right now it is important for you to consider these things:
- The situation involves more than just you – it involves your partner and your baby.
- Your partner needs your support now more than ever. She may be carrying the baby, but you are BOTH parents, and regardless of your relationship in the future you will have to work this out together.
- Express yourself honestly. It’s normal to have feelings of anger, frustration and fear, but make sure she knows she is not alone.
- Learn about your options. Get all the information you need to make an informed decision. As a guy you may not know a lot about pregnancy and how it affects women or what an abortion is and the risks associated with it.
- Talk with her and listen. Keep the lines of communication open.
- Be there for her. She needs you more than ever.
- Educate yourself; work together to make an informed decision.
- Don’t run from your responsibilities.
- Avoid putting pressure on her to have an abortion. Work through this as a team.
We have special classes that will equip you to be the dad you want to be.