Abortion Costs in Jacksonville
Types of Abortion and Their Costs in Jacksonville, FL
- Abortion Pill (Medical Abortion) – the abortion pill involves a series of pills and is FDA-approved for use up to 10 weeks from a woman’s last menstrual cycle (LMP). The average cost for the abortion pill in Jacksonville is between $500 – $600.
- Surgical Abortions – Surgical abortions are done by opening the cervix and passing instruments into the uterus to suction, grasp, pull, and scrape the pregnancy out. The exact procedure is determined by the baby’s level of growth. There are two types of surgical abortions, Suction and D&E. The type you have typically depends on how far along you are in the pregnancy.
- 5-13 Weeks LMP: Suction Abortion – Suction aspiration, also called suction curettage or a vacuum aspiration abortion, is performed between 5 and 13 weeks LMP. The average cost for this type of abortion in Jacksonville is between $500-$700.
13 weeks +: D&E Abortion D&E abortion (dilation and evacuation procedure) is performed from 14 weeks. The average cost for D&E abortion in Jacksonville typically starts at $700 and increases for pregnancies above 14 weeks.
- Any required pre-abortion screenings (pregnancy testing, ultrasound, and STD/STI testing)
- The cost of any travel and/or overnight accommodations
- Time off from work to recover from your procedure
- Emergency care for an abortion-related complication (infection, hemorrhaging, sepsis, etc.)
Additional Costs to Plan For
- How far along you are
- If the pregnancy is in the uterus
- If there is a fetal heartbeat
Women’s Help Center offers education on all pregnancy options to help you understand the different abortion types and the potential risks and complications associated with each type. Knowing this information is critical regardless of what options you are considering. We do not profit from your reproductive choices, and all our services are free. Make a no-cost appointment today by clicking here
Jacksonville is a city located on the Atlantic coast of Florida, the most populous city in the state, and is the largest city by area in the contiguous United States as of 2020. It is the seat of Duval County, with which the city government consolidated in 1968. Jacksonville straddles the St. Johns River in the First Coast region of northeast Florida, about 11 miles south of the Georgia state line and 350 miles (560 km) north of Miami.