Abortion Costs in Riverside-Lakawanna
Types of Abortion and Their Costs
- Abortion Pill (Medical Abortion) – the abortion pill involves a series of pills and is FDA-approved for use up to 10 weeks from a woman’s last menstrual cycle (LMP). The average cost for the abortion pill in Jacksonville is between $500 – $600.
- Surgical Abortions – Surgical abortions are done by opening the cervix and passing instruments into the uterus to suction, grasp, pull, and scrape the pregnancy out. The exact procedure is determined by the baby’s level of growth. There are two types of surgical abortions, Suction and D&E. The type you have typically depends on how far along you are in the pregnancy.
- 5-13 Weeks LMP: Suction Abortion – Suction aspiration, also called suction curettage or a vacuum aspiration abortion, is performed between 5 and 13 weeks LMP. The average cost for this type of abortion in Jacksonville is between $500-$700.
- 13 weeks +: D&E Abortion D&E abortion (dilation and evacuation procedure) is performed from 14 weeks. The average cost for D&E abortion in Jacksonville typically starts at $700 and increases for pregnancies above 14 weeks.
Additional Costs to Plan For Riverside-Lakawanna, FL
On top of the cost of the abortion procedure, you should also plan for some additional costs, just in case:
- Any required pre-abortion screenings (pregnancy testing, ultrasound, and STD/STI testing)
- The cost of any travel and/or overnight accommodations
- Time off from work to recover from your procedure
- Emergency care for an abortion-related complication (infection, hemorrhaging, sepsis, etc.)
Florida requires you to have an ultrasound 24 hours before an abortion. Women’s Help Center provides free ultrasounds and pregnancy tests as a service to help you know for sure what’s going on with your pregnancy, including:
- How far along you are
- If the pregnancy is in the uterus
- If there is a fetal heartbeat Women’s Help Center near Riverside-Lakawanna offers education on all pregnancy options to help you understand the different abortion types and the potential risks and complications associated with each type. Knowing this information is critical regardless of what options you are considering. We do not profit from your reproductive choices, and all our services are free. Make a no-cost appointment today by clicking here.
Riverside and Avondale are two adjacent and closely associated neighborhoods, alternatively considered one continuous neighborhood, of Jacksonville, Florida. The area is primarily residential, but includes some commercial districts, including Five Points, the King Street District, and the Shoppes of Avondale. Lackawanna is a neighborhood in Jacksonville, Florida with a population of 2,931. Lackawanna is in Duval County. Living in Lackawanna offers residents a sparse suburban feel and most residents own their homes.